Rabbit Run Plans (Part 1)
Sooty's Rabbit Run
- Get someone to help you!
- Use a power breaker with all electrical tools.
- Wear protective goggles
- Use wood glue when screwing for extra strength
- When screwing two pieces of wood together, drill through the top bit to avoid splitting. Drill bit needs to be slightly narrower than screw thread!
- B&Q (take a pensioner with you on a Wednesday and get 10% off)
- All wood needs to be preservative free and suitable for outside
- Wooden pieces are all 2x1 inch. Brought as a pack. Needed two packs. Lengths were 2100mm (7 foot) used this length for ease.
- Corner posts 2x2 inches.
- Planking at bottom is cladding (tounge & groove) 2 packs)
- 2x brass hinges 75mm
- 2x hock & eye
- Screws (brass) about 25mm
- Rolls of mesh (about 3ft wide)
- U shapes staples (small size)
- Animal safe paint/preservative
- Wood glue
- Wire snips
- Tape measure
- Safety goggles
- Power breaker
- Paint brushes
Cut cladding to fit when made!